IPTAR is an interdisciplinary Institute offering training to all individuals who are interested in the field of Psychoanalysis.
Those in the mental health professions who have at least a Master’s Degree in their field of professional training and are either licensed or enrolled in a program leading to New York State licensure should apply to the Program in Adult Psychoanalysis.
IPTAR is also committed to offering training to qualified individuals with backgrounds in the humanities, the social sciences, and the arts. These individuals must have at least a Master’s Degree and should apply to IPTAR’s Respecialization Program.
Applicants interested in training with Children and Adolescents should have a Masters or Doctoral degree in a mental health profession, OR have an LP, OR be enrolled in a license granting psychoanalytic training program. Apply to IPTAR’s CAP Program
For each program transcripts, 2 reference letters and a personal statement are required.
Upcoming Sunday Salon and Open House:
April 2, 2023 Register Here
A completed application must be received before:
Adult Program: May 1st, 2023
Respecialization Program: May 15th, 2023
CAP Program: June 1, 2023
Late applications will be considered as space is available.
- Applications for the full analytic program are welcome throughout the year.
- The Admissions Committee will consider the applications received.
- The Admissions Chairperson contacts the applicant to arrange for two interviews.
- The applicant is notified about the committee’s decision.
We offer a step by step guide on how to apply to IPTAR Training Institute
The Institute for Psychoanalytic Training and Research (IPTAR) is committed to anti-racism, LGBTQIA+ affirmative practices, gender equality, and an ongoing striving towards diversity, inclusion, equality, and justice. IPTAR admits training candidates of any race, color, national and ethnic origin, actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression to all the privileges, programs, and activities made available to candidates at the Institute. IPTAR does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression in administration of its admissions policies, educational policies, and other institute-administered programs
- Must have at least a Master’s Degree
- Candidates with backgrounds in the mental health fields (licensed or working towards licensure) should apply to IPTAR’s Adult Psychoanalytic Training Program
- Candidates with backgrounds in the humanities, the social sciences, and the arts should apply to IPTAR’s Respecialization Program
- Licensed Candidates interested in training with children should apply to IPTAR’s CAP Program
- Resume/ CV
- Personal Statement Essay
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Must include the name, address, contact information of your reference, and date of your professional relationship.
- References should email your letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or Mail to IPTAR Admissions. C/O Tessa Peteete. 1651 3rd Ave – Suite 205, New York NY 10128