IPTAR is an interdisciplinary Institute offering training to all individuals who are interested in the field of Psychoanalysis.
Those in the mental health professions who have at least a Master’s Degree in their field of professional training and are either licensed or enrolled in a program leading to New York State licensure should apply to the Program in Adult Psychoanalysis.
IPTAR is also committed to offering training to qualified individuals with backgrounds in the humanities, the social sciences, and the arts. These individuals must have at least a Master’s Degree and should apply to IPTAR’s Respecialization Program.
Applicants interested in training with Children and Adolescents should have a Masters or Doctoral degree in a mental health profession. Apply to IPTAR’s CAP Program
For each program transcripts, 2 reference letters and a personal statement are required.
Upcoming Sunday Salon and Open House:
April 2, 2023 Register Here
A completed application must be received before:
Adult Program: May 1st, 2023
Respecialization Program: May 15th, 2023
CAP Program application deadline is none (Rolling Admissions)
Late applications will be considered as space is available.
About the selection process
- Applications for the full analytic program are welcome throughout the year.
- The Admissions Committee will consider the applications received.
- The Admissions Chairperson contacts the applicant to arrange for two interviews.
- The applicant is notified about the committee’s decision.
How to Apply
We offer a step by step guide on how to apply to IPTAR Training Institute
IPTAR is committed to a policy of equal treatment and opportunity in every aspect of its relations with its members and candidates, without regard to age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, gender and sexual orientation.
- Must have at least a Master’s Degree
- Candidates with backgrounds in the mental health fields (licensed or working towards licensure) should apply to IPTAR’s Adult Psychoanalytic Training Program
- Candidates with backgrounds in the humanities, the social sciences, and the arts should apply to IPTAR’s Respecialization Program
- Licensed Candidates interested in training with children should apply to IPTAR’s CAP Program
- Resume/ CV
- Personal Statement Essay
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Must include the name, address, contact information of your reference, and date of your professional relationship.
- References should email your letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, or Mail to IPTAR Admissions. C/O Tessa Peteete. 1651 3rd Ave – Suite 205, New York NY 10128
Download Sample Curriculums from three of our programs
- Adult Program
- Respecialization Program
- CAP Program
IPTAR operates on a quarterly academic schedule.
Click to download 2020-2021 Academic Calendar