Welcome to IPTAR’s “Find-a-therapist” service. Below you will find information about two ways to proceed in your effort to locate a well-trained, highly skilled clinician well-matched to your needs.
1. Contact the IPTAR Clinical Center (ICC)
The IPTAR Clinical Center (ICC) provides referrals for high quality, low and moderate fee psychotherapy and psychoanalysis to individuals, families, couples and children in the metropolitan community. For information about beginning therapy through the ICC, please click here.
2. Contact Members of the IPTAR Community
The skilled private practice clinicians listed below can be contacted directly.
- Psychoanalysts and Psychotherapists for Adults – Everyone on this list provides individual psychotherapy and/or psychoanalysis; some also work with couples, families, and/or groups. Those designated “Member” are graduate psychoanalysts, trained in accordance with the highest standards of the International Psychoanalytical Association (IPA), and many are credentialed as Fellows of the IPA (FIPA). Those designated “Fellow” are, in addition, qualified to provide training analysis and supervision to IPTAR students. Those designated “Candidate” are currently completing post-graduate training in psychoanalysis at IPTAR and those designated “Affiliate” are graduates of or students in one of our other programs.
- Psychotherapists for Children and Adolescents – Every practitioner on this list works with children of various ages and/or adolescents and all are graduates or faculty of or students/candidates in the IPTAR Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy Program.
- Parent-Infant Specialists – Persons on this list are either graduate analysts who are faculty members in the Anni Bergman Parent-Infant Training Program or graduate analysts and advanced candidates in psychoanalysis (at IPTAR or elsewhere) enrolled in the ABPIP.
- Organizational Consultants and Executive Coaches – This is a list of Faculty and Graduates of IPTAR’s Socio-Psychoanalytic Training Program in Organizational Consultation and Executive Coaching and students who are currently enrolled in this program (Candidates).
A note about Insurance: Often, some portion of the cost of services rendered by the clinicians on the above lists will be reimbursable under the “Out-of-Network” provisions of your insurance plan. For a list of “In-Network” providers, please click here.